Closed week, Nov 2019
During our closed week (from 25 November this year), we were able to carry out essential behind the scenes work which can only be achieved when we aren’t open to the public.
This year we were able to:
- Put up new archive standard shelves in our stores
- Re-order and rationalise shelving to create space for new accessions
- Finally complete the draft section of the Salt Solicitor’s records (D3651) and physically sort the collection in order.
- Thoroughly clean and tidy our photocopy room and public areas
- Sort and weed transfers of books and printed material from Shropshire Libraries.
- Identify non Shropshire books for potential sale by the Friends of Shropshire Archives
- Review and evaluate exhibition materials and shop stock.
- Accession, repackage and shelve recent donations and deposits including records of the Shropshire National Union of Teachers (ref 9669), various Parish Councils and a miscellaneous collection including a deed of 1468 for Aston Botterell (MI9665).