Thank you to everyone who took time to fill in the re-opening survey or contact us with views. We had almost 200 responses which is fantastic.
It has been really positive to see the interest and also your confidence in our ability to ensure visits are as safe and productive as possible.
The onsite service we will be able to provide is likely to look quite different to our pre-lockdown service, at least initially. The survey feedback is helping us decide on priorities and address concerns. Issues highlighted in the survey include:
- Over 100 respondents are planning to visit in the next 3 months
- Most customers want access to original archive documents as a priority
- Most customers want to visit for between 1-3 hours, although a good proportion wanting to stay over 3 hours.
- Concerns were expressed over maintaining social distancing and the use of the public toilets during a visit
- Support for the service’s ability to plan and organise the re-opening safely
- Importance of making more information and archives accessible on-line
We’ll let you know our plans shortly but, in the meantime, thank you again for your input.