DIPLOMATIC PAPERS OF WILLIAM NOEL-HILL, 3rd BARON BERWICK
For ordering, viewing and copying options: please select Ordering and Viewing
- Held At: Shropshire Archives
- System Reference: X112/16
- Document Reference: 112/16
- Date: 1740-1832
- Level: Section
- Admin History William Hill was born in 1772 and served as an envoy to Sicily and Naples. In 1824 he was granted leave to change his name to Noel-Hill, along with his younger brother. He succeeded his brother as 3rd Baron Berwick in 1832 and died in 1842.
A collection is arranged in order to show context. This means that it will have been catalogued to preserve its original order where possible. The catalogue will be arranged into sub-sections such as series, files and items so that related records appear together. Your current record is highlighted in bold and the folder it is in shows its context. From here you can explore the collection further by opening up folders (select the + signs) and viewing details of any other records shown (select the text). Catalogue Jump to this document in the hierarchy
Ordering the Document
Sorry, this document cannot be ordered.There are several reasons why documents cannot be ordered. They may be:
- a collection or series of documents rather than a single file or item that can be consulted in the search room.
- local studies material (XLS) which is not yet orderable online
- an item which is too fragile to be produced
- an item containing sensitive personal information about living people.
- an item which can be consulted in another format, such as on microfilm
In order to ask us direct questions about specific documents and items, we do need you to use your Reader account, please register with us if you do not yet have one. We would like you to register even if you have no intention of visiting us at the Archive, thank you.