PAPERS OF RICHARD NOEL-HILL, 4th BARON BERWICK
For ordering, viewing and copying options: please select 'View or purchase'
- Held At: Shropshire Archives
- System Reference: X112/17
- Document Reference: 112/17
- Date: 1799-1846
- Level: Section
- Related People:
- Creator Name: Noel-Hill, Richard
- Creator Name: Noel-Hill, William
- Creator Name: Noel-Hill, Richard Noel
- Creator Name: Owen, Frances Mostyn
- Creator Name: Noel-Hill, Charles, Arthur Wentworth
- Creator Name: Noel-Hill, Thomas Henry
- Creator Name: Noel-Hill, Anne (nee Vernon)
- Creator Name: Hill, Noel
- Related Materials: Additional information relating to Richard Noel-Hill is available in other sections of this catalogue; for example in the financial and estate sections.
- Admin History Richard Hill (1774-1848) was the third son of Noel Hill, 1st Baron Berwick, and Anne Vernon. Like his elder brother William he assumed in 1824 the additional surname of Noel. Richard succeeded his brother to the barony in 1842, and his title was inherited by his first son Richard Noel in 1848. He was Rector of Thornton near Chester, and also of Berrington in Shropshire. In October 1800 he married Frances Mostyn Owen and had four sons: Richard Noel (1800-1861, the 5th Baron), William Noel (1802-1882, the 6th Baron), Thomas Henry (1804-1870), and Charles Arthur Wentworth Harwood (1811-1853); and four daughters.
A collection is arranged in order to show context. This means that it will have been catalogued to preserve its original order where possible. The catalogue will be arranged into sub-sections such as series, files and items so that related records appear together. Your current record is highlighted in bold and the folder it is in shows its context. From here you can explore the collection further by opening up folders (select the + signs) and viewing details of any other records shown (select the text). Catalogue Jump to this document in the hierarchy