PAPERS OF WILLIAM NOEL NOEL-HILL, 6th BARON BERWICK
For ordering, viewing and copying options: please select 'View or purchase'
- Held At: Shropshire Archives
- System Reference: X112/19
- Document Reference: 112/19
- Date: 1877
- Level: Section
- Related People:
- Creator Name: Noel-Hill, William
- Creator Name: Noel-Hill, Richard
- Creator Name: Noel-Hill, Richard Henry
- Creator Name: Owen, Frances Mostyn
- Related Materials: Additional information relating to William Noel-Hill is available in other sections of this catalogue, for example in the financial and estate sections.
- Admin History William Noel Noel-Hill was the second son of Richard Noel Hill and Frances Mostyn Owen, born in 1802. He was a Colonel in the 87 Foot Regiment, he served with distinction in the Burmese war and retired with the rank of Colonel. He inherited the barony in 1861 on the death of his brother Richard and died unmarried on 24 November 1882.
A collection is arranged in order to show context. This means that it will have been catalogued to preserve its original order where possible. The catalogue will be arranged into sub-sections such as series, files and items so that related records appear together. Your current record is highlighted in bold and the folder it is in shows its context. From here you can explore the collection further by opening up folders (select the + signs) and viewing details of any other records shown (select the text). Catalogue Jump to this document in the hierarchy