Letters from frequent correspondents: ffrench, Voss
For ordering, viewing and copying options: please select 'View or purchase'
- System Reference: X112/22/10/1/5/14
- Document Reference: 112/22/10/1/5/14/1-13
- Date: 1941-1948
- Level: Item
- Description: Letters from Yvonne ffrench and May Voss (see note below).
- Held At: Shropshire Archives
- Access Status: Open
- Admin History The writer (Winifred Gisela) Yvonne O'Brien-ffrench (1901-1989) was the daughter of the 1st Marquess of Castel Thomond of Bolsena, Italy (a Vatican peerage) and Winifred Thursby, whose father was Major James Legh Thursby of Leighton Hall near Ironbridge. She and Countess Francesca Giovanna Maria Beatrice "May" Voss lived together in London for some 30 years.
A collection is arranged in order to show context. This means that it will have been catalogued to preserve its original order where possible. The catalogue will be arranged into sub-sections such as series, files and items so that related records appear together. Your current record is highlighted in bold and the folder it is in shows its context. From here you can explore the collection further by opening up folders (select the + signs) and viewing details of any other records shown (select the text). Catalogue Jump to this document in the hierarchy