For ordering, viewing and copying options: please select 'View or purchase'
- System Reference: X112/22/11/6/1/13
- Document Reference: 112/22/11/6/1/13/1-31
- Date: Aug 1950-Aug 1959
- Level: Item
- Description: /1-28 - From 10 Stanley Mansions, Chelsea, Grafton Lodge, Montford Bridge and 45 Beaufort Mansions, London..
/29-30 - From Josceline Wakeman, Grafton Lodge.
- Held At: Shropshire Archives
- Access Status: Readers Ticket
- Admin History Joan Derriman (1908-1999) was the only child of Gerard Lysley Derriman, Chief Constable of Shropshire, and his wife Ruth. The father was killed in action in 1915, and in 1929 Ruth married Sir Offley Wakeman, who died a week later. At the time of Ruth's death in 1930 she and Joan were living in Atcham House on the Attingham estate, later developed as the Mytton & Mermaid Hotel. Later that year Joan moved to London, where sher settled with Hilda "Bill" Sykes, who had been attending to Mrs Derriman at the last. The two remained inseparable. Lady Berwick often stayed with them when visiting in London. Lady Josceline Wakeman was the second wife of Sir Offley Wakeman, 4th Baronet, whose father's second wife was Ruth Derriman, as mentioned above.
A collection is arranged in order to show context. This means that it will have been catalogued to preserve its original order where possible. The catalogue will be arranged into sub-sections such as series, files and items so that related records appear together. Your current record is highlighted in bold and the folder it is in shows its context. From here you can explore the collection further by opening up folders (select the + signs) and viewing details of any other records shown (select the text). Catalogue Jump to this document in the hierarchy