Communications from various correspondents, from bundle marked Feb 1924
For ordering, viewing and copying options: please select 'View or purchase'
- Held At: Shropshire Archives
- System Reference: X112/22/9/105
- Document Reference: 112/22/9/105/1-22
- Date: 1-26 Feb 1924
- Level: Item
- Description: /1 From Yoï Maraini, 99 Via Benedetto Fortini, Ricorboli, Florence, 1 Feb: "You will get a copy of The Italian Mail from me. It is a mention of your bust. It will amuse you. I rather think it was Miss Mansfield who put in these details of us both ... Did you say you want the bust sent to Venice? ... People like it of you - and so do I - but nothing will ever really give you. I miss that something there is in your eyes and that is more you than your lovely features ..."
/2 From Margaret E Harlech, Brogyntyn near Oswestry, 5 Feb
/3 From Diana Montgomery, Wellesley House, Aldershot, 6 Feb (enjoyed her visit to Attingham)
/4 From Maud Fairfax, 10 Stanhope Street, 6 Feb
/5 From Mary Noel-Hill, 1 Chesham Place, SW, 6 Feb
For 6 Feb, see also /22
/6 From Mechtilde Lichnowsky, 8 Half Moon Street, 9 Feb
/7 From Mary Noel-Hill, 1 Chesham Place, SW, 13 Feb
/8 From Maria Teresa Bichi Ruspoli, Monteroni d'Arbia, 16 Feb (postcard)
/9 From Edith Noel-Hill, The Lowe, Worfield, 17 Feb
/10 From Diana Montgomery, Wellesley House, Aldershot, 17 Feb (thanks for the present)
/11 From Gino (Luigi Villari), Clinica Postempski, 26 Via Fabio Massimo, Rome, 19 Feb
/12 From Iris Cutting, Fiesole, 19 Feb (please Lady wants to know what she wants for a wedding present)
/13 From Canova (i.e. Charles David Robertson Williamson), Tomperran, Comrie, 20 Feb (with a photograph of himself with a small boy who wishes to become a priest)
/14 Formal invitation from Earl and Countess Beauchamp to the Berwicks for dinner on 21 Feb
/15 From Irene [Forbes Adam], Government House, Bombay, 22 Feb
/16 From Mary Dobr?ensk and Gio (Gioconda Hulton), Castasegna en route to St Moritz, 22 Feb (postcard)
/17 From Mario Castelnuovo-Tedesco, Piazza d'Azeglio 14, Florence, 26 Feb (in Italian, with invitation to his wedding 6 Mar)
/18 From Edith Noel-Hill, The Lowe, Worfield, 26 Feb (Michael on his way back to England)
/19 From Mariquita [Brandolin d'Adda], 26 Feb (in Italian, with invitation to her wedding on 3 Mar)
/20 From Mary Noel-Hill, 1 Chesham Place, SW1, dated Wednesday
/21 From Gino (Luigi Villari), Rome, 28 Feb (card)
/22 From W K Leslie, 18 St James's Place, SW1, 6 Feb: "... I do most sincerely congratulate you on the splendid success of your concert. ... You are such a wonderful "Music Missionary" that I hardly know how to express my appreciation of all you do. ..."
- Access Status: Open
- Admin History To /19: The prospective husband was the Marchese Giambattista Serra di Cassano.
A collection is arranged in order to show context. This means that it will have been catalogued to preserve its original order where possible. The catalogue will be arranged into sub-sections such as series, files and items so that related records appear together. Your current record is highlighted in bold and the folder it is in shows its context. From here you can explore the collection further by opening up folders (select the + signs) and viewing details of any other records shown (select the text). Catalogue Jump to this document in the hierarchy