Communications from various correspondents, from bundle marked Sep 1923
For ordering, viewing and copying options: please select Ordering and Viewing
- Held At: Shropshire Archives
- System Reference: X112/22/9/95
- Document Reference: 112/22/9/95/1-19
- Date: 2-28 Sep 1923
- Level: Item
- Description: /1 From Marie [Watkins], Chamonix-Palace, Chamonix, 2 Sep
/2 From Aunt Ruth [Morrice], Morden Vicarage near Wareham, 3 Sep (looking forward to make Teresa's acquaintance in Bournemouth).
/3 From G[ladys, Duchess of] Marlborough, Blenheim Palace, 5 Sep (the dog Joy has arrived from Attingham, and thanks for the pedigree)
/4 From Gino (Luigi Villari), League of Nations, Geneva, 6 Sep
/5 From Gio (Gioconda Hulton) from Pot?tn, 8 Sep (Mary Dobr?ensk is being sued by her agent for defamation) See also /19
/6 From Gianni R (i.e. Baron Gian Battista Rubin de Cervin Albrizzi), 14 Sep (thanks for the catalogue, reminding him of sailing)
/7 From Helen D'Abernon, Harrogate, 19 Sep (the Berwicks are in Cornwall)
/8 From Edith Noel-Hill, The Lowe, Worfield, 24 Sep: "... I am delighted to hear that your portrait is nice so far. ... Michael says his eyebrow is growing splendidly! ..." Also a report of the wedding at Acton Scott - she is Joyce Acton's godmother.
/9 From E I Cunliffe, Trelissick, near Truro, 24 Sep (she will not be able to join the Berwicks in Fowey)
/10 From Mary Noel-Hill, 1 Chesham Garden, SW, 24 Sep (Mrs Grant is staying with her)
/11 From Reginald Bridgman, Waxwell Farm Cottage, Pinner, 25 Sep
/12 From Helena Gleichen, Neuadd, Crickhowell, 28 Sep (she and her partner Nina Hollings are thinking of moving to somewhere near Shrewsbury. "I personally am quite happy here as I only want painting pigs and puppies, but Mrs Hollings not being a painter would like to be where there are amusing neighbours ..."
/13 From Milly [Mansfield], 13 Eccleston Square, SW1, 28 Sep (mentions Romaine Monson and Carlo Placci)
/14 From Gio (Gioconda Hulton), Pot?tn, 30 Sep
/15 From Mary Noel-Hill, 1 Chesham Place, SW, dated Friday
/16 From Mary Noel-Hill, 1 Chesham Place, SW, dated Sunday
/17 From Helen D'Abernon, Esher Place, Surrey, dated Tuesday
/18 From Reggie (i.e. Reginald Temple), Charing Cross Hotel, dated Saturday
/19 From Gioconda Hulton, Pot?tn, 14 Sep (postcard)
- Access Status: Open
- Admin History To /2: Lord Berwick's aunt, Ruth Magdalen Morrice, here staying with her niece Muriel and her husband, Rev John Lynes, vicar of Morden. Ruth Morrice died later in the year. To /6: The baron was the founder of the Naval History Museum in Venice, which opened in 1923 To /9: Evelyne Isabella Galton's first husband, Cavaliere Camillo Fenzi, was a scion of a Florentine banking dynasty. Her second husband was Leonard Daneham Cunliffe, a governor of the Bank of England, who purchased Trelissick. To /12: Lady Berwick first met Lady Helena Gleichen on the Italian front; she was stationed at Cormons. To /13: Lady Monson was the wife of the 9th Baron Monson.
A collection is arranged in order to show context. This means that it will have been catalogued to preserve its original order where possible. The catalogue will be arranged into sub-sections such as series, files and items so that related records appear together. Your current record is highlighted in bold and the folder it is in shows its context. From here you can explore the collection further by opening up folders (select the + signs) and viewing details of any other records shown (select the text). Catalogue Jump to this document in the hierarchy