Henrietta Maria Hill (Lady Bruce)
For ordering, viewing and copying options: please select 'View or purchase'
- Held At: Shropshire Archives
- System Reference: X112/23/3
- Document Reference: 112/23/3
- Level: Sub Section
- Related People:
- Creator Name: Bruce, Charles Brudenell
- Creator Name: Noel-Hill, Edith Teresa
- Creator Name: Noel-Hill, William
- Creator Name: Noel-Hill, Richard
- Creator Name: Hill, Thomas Noel
- Admin History Henrietta (1769-1831) was the first born of Noel Hill, the first Lord Berwick, and Anne Vernon and thus the sister of Thomas Noel, William and Richard (the second third and fourth Lord Berwick). In 1793 she married Lord Charles Bruce (1773-1856), who in 1821 was created Marquess of Ailesbury, and thus became Lady Bruce, Marchioness of Ailesbury. Her papers reflect the time she spent in Italy and the connection of the Bruce family with Savernake Lodge. See also 112/22, the papers of Teresa Noel-Hill, for correspondence concerning the deposit of these papers with the eighth Lord Berwick.
A collection is arranged in order to show context. This means that it will have been catalogued to preserve its original order where possible. The catalogue will be arranged into sub-sections such as series, files and items so that related records appear together. Your current record is highlighted in bold and the folder it is in shows its context. From here you can explore the collection further by opening up folders (select the + signs) and viewing details of any other records shown (select the text). Catalogue Jump to this document in the hierarchy