Henrietta Maria Hill (Lady Bruce)
For ordering, viewing and copying options: please select Ordering and Viewing
- Held At: Shropshire Archives
- System Reference: X112/23/3
- Document Reference: 112/23/3
- Level: Sub Section
- Related People:
- Creator Name: Bruce, Charles Brudenell
- Creator Name: Noel-Hill, Edith Teresa
- Creator Name: Noel-Hill, William
- Creator Name: Noel-Hill, Richard
- Creator Name: Hill, Thomas Noel
- Admin History Henrietta (1769-1831) was the first born of Noel Hill, the first Lord Berwick, and Anne Vernon and thus the sister of Thomas Noel, William and Richard (the second third and fourth Lord Berwick). In 1793 she married Lord Charles Bruce (1773-1856), who in 1821 was created Marquess of Ailesbury, and thus became Lady Bruce, Marchioness of Ailesbury. Her papers reflect the time she spent in Italy and the connection of the Bruce family with Savernake Lodge. See also 112/22, the papers of Teresa Noel-Hill, for correspondence concerning the deposit of these papers with the eighth Lord Berwick.
A collection is arranged in order to show context. This means that it will have been catalogued to preserve its original order where possible. The catalogue will be arranged into sub-sections such as series, files and items so that related records appear together. Your current record is highlighted in bold and the folder it is in shows its context. From here you can explore the collection further by opening up folders (select the + signs) and viewing details of any other records shown (select the text). Catalogue Jump to this document in the hierarchy
Ordering the Document
Sorry, this document cannot be ordered.There are several reasons why documents cannot be ordered. They may be:
- a collection or series of documents rather than a single file or item that can be consulted in the search room.
- local studies material (XLS) which is not yet orderable online
- an item which is too fragile to be produced
- an item containing sensitive personal information about living people.
- an item which can be consulted in another format, such as on microfilm
In order to ask us direct questions about specific documents and items, we do need you to use your Reader account, please register with us if you do not yet have one. We would like you to register even if you have no intention of visiting us at the Archive, thank you.