Thomas Henry Noel-Hill
For ordering, viewing and copying options: please select 'View or purchase'
- Held At: Shropshire Archives
- System Reference: X112/23/4
- Document Reference: 112/23/4
- Date: 1830-1870
- Level: Sub Section
- Related People:
- Creator Name: Noel-Hill, Thomas Henry
- Admin History Thomas Henry Noel Hill (1804-1870) was the third son of Richard, fourth Baron Berwick (1774-1848) and Frances Mostyn Owen. He married Harriet Rebecca Humffreys in 1845. The couple had two daughters: Harriet Maria Selina (known as Selina) and Anne (known as Pussie); and twin sons, Henry Richard, who succeeded his uncle William as the 7th Baron, and Thomas Noel, whose son Thoomas Henry succedded as the 8th Baron. Rev Thomas Henry Noel-Hill graduated with a BA from St. John's College, Cambridge, and was ordained priest on 7 Aug 1831. He was curate of Clunbury from 1830 and rector of Sutton from 1845 until his death. From 1846 he was also rector of Berrington, where he died.
A collection is arranged in order to show context. This means that it will have been catalogued to preserve its original order where possible. The catalogue will be arranged into sub-sections such as series, files and items so that related records appear together. Your current record is highlighted in bold and the folder it is in shows its context. From here you can explore the collection further by opening up folders (select the + signs) and viewing details of any other records shown (select the text). Catalogue Jump to this document in the hierarchy