For ordering, viewing and copying options: please select 'View or purchase'
- Place: Shropshire Archives
- System Reference: XHIL/549/2/77
- Document Reference: 549/77
- Date: 4 May 1775
- Level: file
- Description: 1. Philip Cornish of Saltash, Cornwall, surgeon and apothecary.
2. Mary Mackenzie, late of the parish of Clarendon, Jamaica, now of Exeter, Devon, spinster.
3. George Mackenzie of Clarendon, Esq., her brother.
4. Tristram Ratclife of Vere, Jamaica.
Philip Cornish conveys to Tristram for settlement on Mary on the intended marriage of Philip and Mary, the profit of 24 slaves to Mary's use.
The slaves are - Andrew, Mary Ann, Anthony, Edward, Harry, Bess, Quasheba, Prue, Grace, Mulatto Lydia, Ann, Jemima Return, Negroman Mulatto Jenny, Abba, Benneba, Stella, George, Rose, Deborah, Frank,Cordelia, Nancy, Celia and Providence.
Witnesses: Ben. Spry, Hen.Ley.
Endorsed: Enrolment 22 Jan.1776, lib.275, fol.118.
- Held At: Shropshire Archives
- Access Status: Readers Ticket
A collection is arranged in order to show context. This means that it will have been catalogued to preserve its original order where possible. The catalogue will be arranged into sub-sections such as series, files and items so that related records appear together. Your current record is highlighted in bold and the folder it is in shows its context. From here you can explore the collection further by opening up folders (select the + signs) and viewing details of any other records shown (select the text). Catalogue Jump to this document in the hierarchy