1821 Census: Population of Holy Cross and St. Giles.
For ordering, viewing and copying options: please select 'View or purchase'
- System Reference: XP250/B/52
- Document Reference: P250/B/52
- Finding Aids: Former reference SPL MS 6271
- Date: 1821
- Level: Item
- Description: Gives name of head of house, whether that house is inhabited and by how many families, with the numbers of males and of females, the employment (trade, agriculture or other) of the head, and observations. Includes summary of male and female baptisms and burials, 1811- 1820, and some notes on 'state of education' stating that of those 'not educating', three were 'chimney sweeper boys'
- Held At: Shropshire Archives
- Tags:census returns
- Access Status: Readers Ticket
A collection is arranged in order to show context. This means that it will have been catalogued to preserve its original order where possible. The catalogue will be arranged into sub-sections such as series, files and items so that related records appear together. Your current record is highlighted in bold and the folder it is in shows its context. From here you can explore the collection further by opening up folders (select the + signs) and viewing details of any other records shown (select the text). Catalogue Jump to this document in the hierarchy