Clun School?, Basket Dancers
For ordering, viewing and copying options: please select 'View or purchase'
- System Reference: XPH/C/27/8/1
- Document Reference: PH/C/27/8/1
- Date: Early 20th Century
- Level: Item
- Format: Photograph
- Colour: Black and White
- Description: Back Row: 1 Phyllis Davies 2 Ada Gitting 3? 4? Front Row: 1 Marjory Davies 2? 3 Gertie Francis 4 Alice Davies. Alice Davies was the sister of Mr. Robert Davies. A man called Vic Turner used to make the baskets. Those held on the back row in particular, were known locally as " Wiskets" Wiskets are the baskets reputed to be used to pick wimberries. Bob Davies has made a tape recording for the Acton Scott Museum about cloggers, basket makers etc.
- Held At: Shropshire Archives
- Copyright: Shropshire Archives (T Luther)
- Access Status: Readers Ticket
- Conditions: Rights to any image linked to this record are reserved by Shropshire Archives, subject to any rights retained by third parties. These are acknowledged where known. Please contact Shropshire Archives if you have any further information concerning these rights, to request permission to use the image or to order a copy.
A collection is arranged in order to show context. This means that it will have been catalogued to preserve its original order where possible. The catalogue will be arranged into sub-sections such as series, files and items so that related records appear together. Your current record is highlighted in bold and the folder it is in shows its context. From here you can explore the collection further by opening up folders (select the + signs) and viewing details of any other records shown (select the text). Catalogue Jump to this document in the hierarchy