Register for remote access
If you register with Shropshire Archives, you will be able to:
- Create a wish-list of items from the online catalogue
- Save your searches
- Access downloadable content
- Request quotes and pay for items to be copied for you
- Use the secure messaging system to contact the archives team directly
- Modify your details
It only takes a few minutes to register and we promise that we will never sell or share your details with any other organisation.
If you want to view archive material, electoral registers, photographs and rare books in person at Shropshire Archives, you will then need your reader’s account verifying and we will issue you with a Shropshire Archives Reader’s Ticket.
How to Register
You can register online.
- Click on ‘Register’ on the top right of any webpage on the Shropshire Archives website or click here and complete the online registration form.
- Once you have completed the online form, you will be sent an email asking you to click on a link to confirm your registration.
- You will be directed to a webpage to create your password.
- You can then browse the catalogue and request quotes for copies or download images (where available).
Verifying your registration
You will only need your registration verifying if you visit Shropshire Archives in person to consult original documents. If you are just using online resources then you don’t need to be verified in this way.
When you visit Shropshire Archives for the first time, you will need to have your registration verified before you can consult the documents. Please bring:
- ID showing your name and address such as a driving licence, bank statement, utility bill or CARN ticket.
We will then verify your account and take your photograph for your new Reader’s Ticket. This will be valid for 5 years.
An account only needs verifying if you want to visit Shropshire Archives in person.